Updated: Mar 25, 2019
I've given birth to 3 live children now and only once did I not have a playlist rollin.
My first birth was an emergency c-section so there was no time for me to get a playlist prepared, nor would I have likely been allowed to to bring it into the OR (this was in 2011).
My next two births were VBAC's and I made sure to setup a list of songs I felt would bring me tremendous peace, comfort, and positive energy during my laboring.
I personally wanted soft, Christian worship music. These songs also served as audible birth affirmations for me. And even though I had a whole list of songs, I ended up having one song each time that seemed to have the biggest effect.
For my first VBAC in 2013, that song was "Oceans" by Hillsong United. My 2nd VBAC, I listed mostly to "Draw Near" by Bethel Music & Jeremy Riddle.
It was very true for my births that having planned out and intentional songs playing helped me relax and remind myself that I am safe. My baby is safe. God is in control. And I do believe that these songs contributed to my success of having natural births the way I had hoped for.
So without further a-do, I wanted to leave some song suggestions for 3 different personality types. I am going to start with my own playlist/s and songs that I would add today if I was going to be giving birth soon:
1. Oceans, Hillsong United
2. Draw Near, Bethel Music & Jeremy Riddle
3. Depths, Hillsong Worship
4. No Longer Slaves, Bethel music, Jonathan David & Melissa Helser
5. I Give You My Heart, Shane & Shane
6. Never Once, Shane & Shane
7. Though You Sleigh Me, Shane & Shane
8. I Will Stay Here With You, Brian Johnson
9. Take Over, Shane & Shane
10. I Surrender, Hillsong Live
11. Give Me Faith, Eelevation Worship
12. You Make Me Brave, Sarah Reeves
13. Inevitable, Lauren Daigle
14. Love Like This, Lauren Daigle
15. Holy Spirit, Francesa Battistelli
16. Even So Come, Chris Tomlin
17. King Of The World, Natalie Grant
Soft and Mellow:
1. 3 Little Birds, Bob Marley
2. The Scientist, Coldplay
3. Come Away With Me, Norah Jones
4. Seven Years, Norah Jones
5. Love On The Weekend, John Mayer
6. Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
7. All I Ask, Adele
8. When We Were Young, Adele
9. Layla, Eric Clapton (acoustic)
10. Stay With Me- Acoustic, Matt Brown
11. Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontagne
Make You Move / Get Ya To Groove/ Bring That Baby Down:
1. Push It, Salt N' Peppa
2. Don't Stop Believin, Journey
3. Let It Go, James Bay
4. Ho Hey, The Lumineers
5. Despacito, Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee
6. Believer, Imagine Dragons
7. Radioactive, Imagine Dragons
8. Bust A Move, Young MC
9. Maria Maria, Santana and
10. It's Gonna Be Me, N'Sync
11. Bye Bye Bye, N'Sync
12. No Scrubs, TLC
13. Hips Don't Lie, Shakira
What songs did you have your playlist? What songs would you add?